Friday, July 27, 2007

Samsonite Pretext


Samsonite Pretext can be downloaded directly by clicking here.

It's been 38 days since I've last posted. I'll try to step it back up to every other week.
This one is pretty old to me, and to many of you. It's fairly abrasive in comparison to others I've posted. It has some of my favorite transitions and greater contrasts.
I often do not have many song titles, sorry.
I have, on the suggestion of Russ, included the start time for cuts. Thanks Russ.

00:00 Andy Williams "Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars"
Scatting can be heard near the end.

02:257 Fugazi from Red Medicine, I think.

04:58 Speedy West and Jimmy Bryant

07:17 Kinski "New India" from Be Gentle With the Warm Turtle.
Trudging with compassion towards a weighty resolution.


14:02 Ferrante and Teicher The Theme song to "Exodus"
This is the one song my dad can play on piano. If you gotta pick one, this one's not bad.


16:32 The Lemonheads "It's a Shame about Ray"

19:25 Will Oldham/Bonny Prince Billy "Joy and Jubilee"

22:06 Flaming Lips covering Radiohead song "Knives out"

26:27 Dead Kennedys "Kill the Poor"

29:32 Motorhead "Eat the Rich"
This song could use a shave.

34:25 Prince "The Beautiful Ones"

39:34 Mike Post Chips theme song

40:37 Kenny Rogers "You Decorated My Life"
One of the shittiest songs
ever. I've enbriefened it.
And invented a new word.


41:02 Fugazi another song from Red Medicine

44:50 The First Edition "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)"
This song was produced by Mike Post, the man responsible for that Chips theme song.

47:57 Fatboy Slim "Acid 8000"
Read the lyrics
here. Illuminating.

54:40 Knightrider themesong

55:10 The Breeders. "Happiness is a Warm Gun"

57:56 Wally Cox "There Is A Tavern In The Town"

60:19 Brian Eno "Baby's on Fire"
Arguably could have a place on that soundtrack, too.


65:38 Louvin Brothers "Great Atomic Power". Optimists.

68:10 Will Oldham/Bonny Prince Billy "The Way"

71:55 Caetano Veloso "Terra"
from 1989's
Brazil Classics, Vol. 1: Beleza Tropical, curated by David Byrne.

No comments:

Post a Comment